Here is the video for IM5’s Zero Gravity. We filmed it about 2 months ago and I wanted an extremely 180 from their last video which was sunny, warm, and playful. I wanted to show the boys could not only sing, but dance their asses off.
I’m trying to add “did you know” facts about each video I do. Here we go for ZG…
1. I had to fight for the video to have a cool color tone, I wanted it less friendly. Soon after everyone was on the same page, and you have this version. I also wanted to keep the video darker in color.
2. That plexi glass shot was one of the hardest we had to do, the last shot of the day, and the most dangerous because of the way we set it up. It was also the priciest set-up. The hardest set up was to be used the least amount of times, but I wanted everyone to see another angle of the boys yet unseen and thank God for an understanding management and producer who let me have it.
3. Gabe bled during the first dance routine. One day he can shed light on that, but to this day I’m uncertain as to how one cuts themselves in the middle of a dance. At the same time he’s a champ and did the whole day while having the flu.
4. On this shoot we hit the camera, dislodged parts of it, shook it, kicked the tripod, leaned it over, and shook the dolly to get some of the looks I wanted to for the video.
5. Dana is Mr. Prankster. I had general “Don’t do __________ today” rules for everyone on set and the boys. Dana’s list was a bit longer and more personalized. He’s a prankster, jokester type…I was afraid of what could happen. I limited him cause I have the same personality and know what he could possibly do.
6. Immediately after each performance the band would run to the side to stand in front of a giant fan and guzzle a bunch of water. Somehow we only work on unseasonably warm days, and A/C was rough in this studio; and I made sure everyone wore a jacket as part of their wardrobes. I’m surprise no one had a heat stroke.
7. We had an angel on set (Elana) who baked cookies and brought them over. They are THE BEST!!!
That’s all. I really fans from the band enjoyed the video, I wanted to give you something different, mature, darker, and more artistic.